Medidata Solutions Consultants (pre-sales engineers) partner with Sales Account Managers in opportunity strategy, discovery conversations, presentation, demonstration and sale of Medidata applications and services. The Solution Consultant is the application and technical lead for all sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. The Solution Consultant is the lead technical presenter in customer facing events.
● Participate in account planning and strategy for successful adoption of products and solutions
● Lead customer needs analysis discussions
● Guide the preparation of standard or custom demonstration environments
● Develop a deep understanding of customer technical infrastructure and business processes
● Become a “trusted advisor” to clients focused on outcomes based benefits of technology adoption
● Lead workshops and proof of concept pilots and evaluations of technology
● Serve as technical expert in Medidata solutions and how they fit into client environment
● Participate in product demonstrations and/or booth support activities at trade show events
● Lead application and/or technical product demonstrations
● Conduct web-based product seminars
● Assist in ensuring the correct product placement and value messages for Medidata solutions
● Assist with completion of application and/or technical RFI/RFP responses
● Support effective transition of new accounts to Professional Services team
● Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
● Exposure to life sciences applications and/or concepts
● Minimum of three years of previous technical sales consulting experience
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Solid analytical and technical skills
● Exposure to formal sales methodologies
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's degree required in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred; or equivalent years of experience
● Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 20,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.