Senior Product Owner
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It is built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 20,000+ trials and 6M patients. Our team is composed of over 300 PhD/Masters data scientists, engineers, analytical product leads, engagement managers, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
The Senior Product Owner is a key role on our Intelligent Trials product management team that leads the design, development, and commercialization of our customer-facing SaaS applications. The data and AI driven insights from Intelligent Trials products help our customers bring drugs to patients faster by optimizing trial design, improving studying planning, and monitoring trials in real-time against changing industry conditions.
This role will be part of a broader team of application engineers, predictive modelers, designers, testers, and business experts. The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for developing product requirements, supporting management of cross-functional engineering efforts, performing data analyses, and synthesizing recommendations to accelerate the development and commercialization of cloud-based analytics products.
- Translate business needs into requirements for a technical audience, including creating user stories, defining acceptance criteria, and documenting feature overviews
- Work across an interdisciplinary team of designers, analysts and engineers to prioritize and coordinate tasks, monitor progress, help resolve issues, and facilitate team meetings
- Perform ad-hoc research and data-driven analyses to develop recommendations and guide product decision making
- Participate in and support interactions with clients to collect customer feedback to be translated into business requirements that can drive product adoption
- Coordinate and assist in the testing of new products and features
- Help develop external communication material by translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences and developing key messaging
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in an agile development environment
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive business decisions
- Ability to manage the work from teams of widely varying skills and levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail with ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for development
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (in a quantitative or business discipline, e.g. business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field) and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree and 2 years of work experience; or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with technical and analytics concepts such as databases, APIs, data visualizations, statistical analyses, and machine learning models
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and JIRA
- Advanced skills in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word to conduct ad-hoc analyses
- Experience supporting data science model development involving large volumes of data, statistical analyses and machine learning is a plus
- Work experience with SQL is a plus
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.