Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Collections Analyst plays an important role in the Finance Department by ensuring the timely collection and application of payments from our customers and accurate accounts receivable reporting. This position requires a person who performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals.
- Liaise with customers on a timely basis, execute collection activities, reconcile and track daily/monthly AR balance accounts with customer records
- Communicate effectively with customers on a timely basis and provide excellent customer service regarding collection issues, discrepancies and short payments
- Collaborate with various internal business functions such as Billing, Treasury, Sales and external customers to resolve receivable issues and to achieve common goals and objectives
- Provide administration work related to collections, such as preparing statements and letters
- Be accurate, efficient and organized within daily responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent years of experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Finance/Accounting
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.