Senior Applications Engineer
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
You are a developer with solid experience building cloud-based web applications or services. You’ll demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self-motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
Your responsibilities will include hands-on implementation and development with Medidata’s flagship product, Rave, and its interaction with our patient-facing platform. The products and services you advance will enable mobile applications and mHealth device data collection. You will be comfortable working with Product Managers to turn great ideas into detailed requirements. You will also design how features should be implemented and help determine the best architecture to use in each situation.
- 5+ years of C#.NET, ASP.NET Webforms and/or MVC and SQL (Full stack)
- Experience optimizing SQL
- Understanding of source control management (Git/GitHub)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- A passion to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
Your Education & Experience:
- SQL indices, statistics, query plan analysis
- Performance analyzing C# code (i.e. dottrace, ANTS profiler, etc.)
- Visual Studio .NET
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies.
- Some Experience coding in Ruby (some unit tests use this)
- Experience in implementing BDD using Cucumber/SpecFlow
- Experience working in a Scrum agile software development environment
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Engineering, related field or relevant experience
- Amazon Web Services
- Developing services supporting mobile applications
- Clinical research knowledge or worked in a regulated environment
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.