Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The SOX Champion position is based in New York and is part of Medidata’s External Reporting team within Finance. This role is responsible for coordinating the timely completion and documentation of finance-owned SOX controls pursuant to the company’s controls framework.
- Monitor the status of periodic controls, working closely with process owners across the finance team to ensure that they complete control activities and provide sufficient documentation promptly
- Assist with execution and documentation of select financial reporting controls, such as tie-out of external financial statements, disclosure checklists, and coordination of related certifications and confirmations
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure that framework, descriptions, and ownership for finance controls are accurate and up-to-date
- Basic knowledge of SOX controls and GAAP
- Ability to work independently to achieve objectives according to required timelines
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask across multiple projects
- Strong face-to-face and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Min 2 years of experience working for a large public accounting firm on publicly-traded clients
- CPA preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.