Financial Planning & Analysis PS Manager
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
• Lead the budgeting and forecasting activities and financial support for PS including bookings, revenue, gross margin, and resource utilization
• Ensure periodic forecasts are predictive and insightful to allow line management to make decisions to meet the company’s business and financial objectives
• Using financial analysis, provide critical business Insight to the EVP and other leaders of the Professional Services business
• Partner and lead close coordination between Accounting, Revenue Operations, and Sales Operations to improve the ecosystem of support for the EVP of Professional Services
• Identify and develop dashboard of key PS metrics (financial and operational)
• Tracking and forecasting of PS revenue by market segment including identification of critical projects
• Analysis of PS and & Application Service Fees (ASF) bookings, discounting, etc
• Analysis of project profitability by project type, pricing type, etc
• Analysis of customer profitability
• Ensure annual budgets are realistic and are aligned with company’s leadership view of investor expectations
• Ensure there is a strong interlock between the hiring and spending authorizations, line management’s authority and accountability, and the interplay between historical and forecasted results
• Experience in FP&A ideally at a Software as a Service (SaaS) or other fast growing technology business
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Track record of collaborative partnership with peers
• Experience using Salesforce, Tableau, Financial Force and/or NetSuite software preferred
Your Education & Experience:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline required; or equivalent years of experience
• CMA and/or CPA preferred
• Minimum 5 years of financial planning and analysis experience including experience in budgeting, forecasting, operations, and reporting preferably for a Professional Services organization
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.