Marketing Director, Acorn AI
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Marketing Director – ACORN AI (Value Discovery Engine, Intelligent Trials, Integrated Evidence, Connected Devices) will work closely with the ACORN AI Leadership Team and Medidata marketing teams to develop Acorn AI-specific customer insights, go-to-market plans, value propositions, messaging and content. The director will be responsible for the overall execution of marketing programs across channels, platforms and marketing tactics with the ultimate objectives of driving awareness, understanding and preference among Acorn AI prospects and creating sales opportunities. This position will report to the Vice President, Global Marketing (or Corporate Marketing.)
Candidates should be equally comfortable with data analytics, market research, results analysis and tactics optimization, and content creation.
This position requires a poised and seasoned self-starter who can execute with minimal direction as well as take initiative; a builder who can create strong working relationships, processes and outcomes; adept at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- In concert with the Acorn AI team, develop go-to-market plans for each launch including positioning, messaging, sales enablement materials, internal and external communication materials, promotional activities, and other deliverables, as appropriate
- Collaborate with product teams to appropriate product roadmap and position and bring to market new capabilities
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop comms, events, brand development and other market-facing activities
- Use Competitive Intelligence to analyze and report competitor capabilities and initiatives
- Conceive and create thought leadership and educational content to broaden the awareness and understanding and opportunity creation for ACORN AI
- Align with sales to provide marketing support for generating and customizing collateral and presenting at customer meetings
- Create customer personas which will serve as inspiration and guides for marketing initiatives
- Initiate, manage, and optimize lead-gen activities including trade conferences, webcasts, email marketing, and SEM, in collaboration with digital, event and demand teams.
- Monitor program performance, optimize based on results, prepare and deliver performance updates
- Generate customer success case studies through customer interviews and metrics from the platform
- In time, identify and evaluate new verticals for business develop and identify key problems and purchase drivers
- Be in market often so that you are at the pulse of customer needs and how our evolving offering needs to be shaped to meet those needs
- Manage to an agreed schedule of deliverables and within agreed budgets. Manage oversight tools in support
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development, marketing and/or sales of enterprise software – particularly hosted, web-based software
- Strong sense of customer focus, being able to meet needs of internal and external customers, understanding customer requirements and responding appropriately in line with business objectives
- A creative, analytical and intuitive marketer with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and editorial skills with proven content creation experience
- Proven ability in designing and executing marketing and communications programs
- Self-motivated and directed with ability to work autonomously on individual projects as well as in a team
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- An effective communicator with experience leading teams and influencing stakeholders
- A strong collaborator, who is able to work within and across multiple functions
- Agile, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences or Life Sciences, or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience, with knowledge and experience in the life sciences industry - especially in the clinical development area, preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.