Senior Applications Engineer
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Be passionate about application development! Your primary responsibilities will include hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications with Ruby on Rails, Postgres/MySQL, and Amazon Web Services.
- Design, build, test, document, deploy, monitor, and maintain applications in a production environment.
- Apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, and Github Pull Request reviews.
- Work closely with Agile team members, collaborating with testers to ensure quality and with product managers to turn great ideas into detailed requirements.
Be self motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
- Experience with object-oriented design concepts
- Experience developing cloud-based web applications or services (AWS a plus)
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Source control management (Git/Github) experience
- Clinical research knowledge or work in a regulated environment
- TDD/BDD experience or desire!
Be excited about staying current with new technologies and engineering concepts.
Senior Applications Engineers must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or have completed a development boot camp
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.