Inside Sales Account Executive
Medidata Solutions, Inc.
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of SaaS clinical development solutions that
enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced solutions lower the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of the technology / life sciences industries. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness, and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner! We are publicly traded (MDSO) with nearly 800 customers, have customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials across the globe. We are still led by Co-founders Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
What is Inside Sales at Medidata?
Inside Sales is remote sales. It has been called virtual sales, professional sales done remotely, or a common favorite, “sales in the cloud.” The inside sales model is often very cost-effective and has become more so thanks to advances in sales technology. The inside sales model allows us to interact with a high volume of accounts. Once on a call, Inside Account Executives (IAE's) can enjoy smart conversations thanks to contextual data about prospects that can be delivered from a CRM, marketing tools, and other types of cloud-based sales software. The use of modern technologies such as video and web conferencing has transformed the concept of "selling over the phone".
The IAE is responsible for achieving booking, revenue, & profit objectives within their assigned account territories, including identifying sales opportunities through daily prospecting, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging Medidata resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Inside Sales Account Executives create and build consultative, long-term relationships with their customers in order to create tailored, cost effective solutions. Personal involvement in customer relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction are essential in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
- Daily outbound calling through established campaigns to prospective customers / prospects
- Consistent attainment of booking, revenue, and profit targets within assigned territory
- Attainment of daily, weekly, quarterly productivity metrics
- Establish and expand relationships with “C-Level” decision makers within customer / prospect organizations. Maintain well-coordinated internal relationships with key decision makers
- Educate prospects on Medidata’s value proposition and solution portfolio
- Develop external relationships with Medidata partners / CRO’s
- Development and execution of sales plan as it relates to developing a new book of business / newly assigned territory
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Partner with Market Development Specialists to close mid-market lead opportunities
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including Salesforce.
- Build customer loyalty, provide an excellent experience, achieve retention rates
- Weekly / monthly / quarterly Pipeline forecasting
- Complete administrative work as required
Your Competencies, Education, & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5+ years of previous tech / software sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
- Application software sales experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant sales experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 20,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.