Internal Product Education & Enablement Manager
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get treatments into the hands of patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Customer Solutions Success Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product, services and industry experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
Customer Solutions Success Optimization & Enablement is responsible for leading cross functional teams in the design, implementation and execution of initiatives that drive customer success and adoption through Medidata Sales, Services, R&D and CSS functions.
The Education and Enablement (E&E) Lead will work with the Product and Engineering groups from within the Customer Solutions Success (CSS) organization to identify product education and enablement needs, make solution recommendations, and oversee solution execution. This position requires the flexibility to simultaneously create and implement all aspects of the product enablement program in a fast-paced environment, and support internal training company-wide in general. This position has responsibilities that extend globally to all Medidata locations.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of adult learning, technical, and process training and a passion for education and/or a background in a technical and regulated industry, combined with excellent project management, communication, and leadership skills, make for an ideal candidate.
You will deliver the following key initiatives:
- Develop a strategic vision and curriculum plan for internal roles and audiences that aligns with current and future Medidata business priorities and strategies.
- Scope, design, develop, and deliver department-specific employee enablement programs supporting end to end sales and services enablement with targeted product knowledge and information.
- Manage cross-functional training and product launch initiatives, leadership development, curriculum design, and training evaluation.
- Become an internal expert on one or more initiatives, creating role-based learning journeys and competency matrices to enable employees’ success.
- Modernize time-consuming and outdated educational practices into engaging and efficient enablement experiences.
- Design and lead mentoring, train-the-trainer, and advisory programs through the company.
- Design content sourcing frameworks and processes to minimize rework and increase content production speed and efficiency.
- Coordinate efforts with other CSS groups (Platform Implementation, Process Design, Communications) to ensure robust, effective sales through support process clarity and communications.
- Independently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, including prioritization, timeline, risks, execution, communication, and conflict management. Monitor and provide proactive communication and risk mitigation for multiple projects and priorities.
- Proven experience developing both fast-response and longer-term solutions addressing a diverse group of stakeholders’ concerns.
- Ability to identify, design, and deliver innovative solutions for problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Expertise in creation and delivery of internal education content through various channels leveraging best in class learning concepts and modalities.
- Ability to use industry and internal best practices and knowledge to improve products/services or processes, and resolve complex problems or problems where current process or precedent may not exist.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships across leadership levels and gain executive buy-in for initiatives to accomplish goals within a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor peers and colleagues in challenging and time-sensitive situations.
- Position is based in the US - East Coast, with expected 1-2 days/week in Medidata’s NY office. Additional travel approximately 25-30% (other Medidata offices, instruction, recruiting, conferences, etc.)
Your Education & Experience:
- 5-7 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 5 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience. Education and experience preferably in Life Science, Instructional Design, Adult Education, or other related fields.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of progressive enablement or consulting experience in Life Sciences, especially in the clinical trial process, and/or Technology industry or 4-6 years training and development experience.
- 2+ years of experience directly or indirectly managing project or cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of clinical drug development (e.g. Phases 1- 5, study start-up, study execution, study close) and clinical roles.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA regulation, GCP, and ICH guidelines.
- Experience with Medidata Clinical Cloud ideal
- Experience working with Agile Software development teams in a fast-paced, software development environment.
- Excellent organizational and project and time management skills. Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner. Proactive in risk management and communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately
- Proficient in one or more of the following tools: Camtasia, Articulate 360 suite
Our Culture: Who we are
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
US: Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.