Director, Implementation Consulting
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Director, Implementation Consulting directs the Implementation Consulting team for assigned market segment. The Director is responsible for the overall effectiveness and utilization of the team
- As team expert on implementation, responsible for educating and training other team members on the analysis, build and test methods, tools, templates and techniques.
- Improve protocol development processes and support critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of offerings in client environments.
- Develop / maintain / refine technology adoption framework offerings.
- Participate in pre-sales cycle for prospective technology adoption clients to customize offerings based upon best practices.
- Interview and hire full-time resources as well as maintain job descriptions based upon approved business plan.
- Coach, mentor and professionally develop Implementation Consulting staff and maintain a highly effective and strong team.
- Conduct regular one-on-one and career development meetings with all direct reports.
- Lead or facilitate department staff meetings.
- Define annual departmental/individual staff goals and conduct performance appraisals.
- Provide guidance, leadership and training to staff on best practice/business process development and maintenance.
- Provide guidance and best practices to Implementation Services staff to increase and maintain technology adoption levels through organization.
- Serve as an example/role model to staff on technical, professional and business acumen skills.
- Actively participate in all sales channels to assist in consulting leadership for prospective clients.
- Collaborate with Medidata Partners lead to ensure Partner Technology adoption is in sync with Sponsor framework.
- Ensure that adequate technical documentation/reference materials are created and maintained within Professional Services.
- Participate in customer meetings in a consultative manner in support of Knowledge Transfer and customer-side business process change, as customers begin adoption of Medidata software.
- Collaborate with Medidata University / Global Operational Excellence to develop and deliver training materials on company processes and best practice to sponsors for Work Streams
- Work with management to provide input on strategic direction for the OE group, team needs and support requirements.
- Provide periodic departmental updates to Management.
- Review project timelines, allocate resources and resolve project/priority conflicts.
- Promote strategic vision across all Medidata processes, focusing on Technology Adoption.
- Participate / Chair lessons learned on all Technology Adoption projects to allow for formal review of delivered knowledge and adoption by sponsors.
- Good experience working with clinical trials in a data management-related role, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, specifically as they relate to data collection, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of data management plans/customer specifications for data entry screens, edit checks, custom reports and data integrations
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world examples
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Ability to think logically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and time management skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
- Experience supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Responsible for execution and delivery
Your Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree.
- Experience working in a regulated, documented environment.
- Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to deliver training courses both internally and to customers.
- Ability to synthesize working procedures and to develop, document and deliver usable best practices in a software and/or pharmaceutical/clinical trial environment.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.