Senior Project Manager
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Senior Project Managers are responsible for ensuring that Medidata is able to deliver quality products and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources. Senior Project Managers serve as the client’s overall day-to-day primary contact and are responsible for keeping both the client and Medidata Management team up to date on project activity status. Senior Project Managers are the primary factor in maintaining high customer satisfaction. Senior Project Managers typically will manage larger complex projects as well as mentoring newer project managers in effective Project Management methodology.
• Full accountability for the management of project timelines, budget and milestones for a variety of projects.
• Leading client and internal status meetings
• Problem tracking and timely resolution
• Pro-active communication with all stakeholders
• Responsibility for project financials, budget tracking and accuracy of invoicing
• Managing the complete project
development life cycle
• Actively mentoring newer Project Managers in effective Project Management methodology
• Participation in Implementation Services strategic assignments and internal projects
• Proven ability to effectively manage larger complex clients / multiple projects • Providing mentoring and guidance on project management principles for all assigned project team members
• Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies and Medidata SOPs
• Managing assigned project resources on an ongoing basis
• Providing on-going feedback regarding performance of all Professional Services team members
•Managing client expectations
• Active management of Scope, Change, Issue and Risk Management for all projects.
• Develop client relationship as “trusted advisor” role through effective proactive project management
• Expert in all Medidata internal systems
• Maintain balanced performance, revenue / billable / non-billable hours while maintaining reference able clients.
Your Education & Experience:
• Four-year college degree or higher preferred, analytic discipline a plus
• Minimum of 3-5 years of systems/software development project management experience
• Experience preferably in clinical or biomedical or software development environment
• Electronic Data Capture (EDC) software consulting experience desirable
• Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
• Excellent skills in knowledge transfer
• Excellent computer skills, and presentation skills Excellent skills & high comfort level with online collaboration tools is important
• Excellence with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experienced with MS Project, project development and management
• Travel expectations up to 20% - 30 %, domestic / international
• Valid drivers license required
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.