AcornAI - a Medidata company
Medidata’s journey started in 1999 when a scientist working on his first clinical trial waded through inefficiencies and delays – and knew that technology could improve the process. Almost 20 years later, we've grown to be the leader in clinical technology. In 2019, we launched AcornAI to meet changing biopharma need as companies rapidly progress to the age of precision medicine.
Built on our platform with the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients, AcornAI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
AcornAI’s is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary AcornAI platform and advanced analytics.
- Work cross-functionally to gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and communicate recommendations on some of the most complex issues in the industry today
- Develop external communication materials, translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences and developing key messaging
- Perform and share analyses to guide internal and external decision making
- Drive problem-solving with data scientists and other stakeholders to identify the analytics needed to answer client questions and generate impact in line with our mission
- Track and communicate progress and decisions clearly, triage issues to the appropriate internal stakeholder and ensure timely effective issue resolution
- Create processes so that each project is easier and faster than the last one
- A technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python/R/SAS).
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- Passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- Superb time management and a relentless drive to get things done even in the face of ambiguity and complexity
- Entrepreneurial drive and a passion to advance the development of new treatments
- Willing to master the detail when you need to but also zoom out and have a view on how to shape the bigger picture
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience in one of the following types of highly structured or scientific environments: management/healthcare consulting, life sciences, data and analytics role.
- Experience across the life science and/or healthcare value chain
- Experience with SQL. Experience using R, Python, or SAS a plus.
- Experience analyzing data at the patient, physician, or payer level (e.g., electronic medical records, clinical trials, administrative claims, specialty pharmacy, wholesale, etc.) a plus
- Experience with open-source common data models (e.g., OHDSI/OMOP, CDISC/SDTM/ADaM, Sentinel, etc.) a plus
- Travel up to 25% to engage with customers and the marketplace
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.