Regional Account Manager
Achieving revenue objectives in geographic or specifically-named account territories including identifying sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to a successful conclusion. In addition, he/she is responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within the assigned territory
- Development and execution of strategic sales plans as it relates to specific opportunities
- Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve business objectives
- Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including SalesForce.com
- Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Strong application software sales experience
- Working knowledge of life sciences industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of successful relevant sales experience
- Strong understanding/experience of solution consultative sales techniques
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.