Staff Applications Engineer
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is looking for a Staff Applications Engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in Medidata’s suite of products. Be a vital part of the engineering team, contributing to multiple services and applications, delivering mission critical software. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with product, PMO and QA and be a hands-on developer of Medidata’s software applications coded in Ruby on Rails, relational and non-relational databases, and Cloud Services.
As an engineer, you'll be challenged both to develop new features in response to market demand and improve the performance and scalability of our applications to meet a rapidly growing user base.
- Analyze, plan, design, develop, implement and maintain software and be responsible for successfully planning and executing projects involving multiple developers and complex requirements.
- Advocate for and apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, automated infrastructure and observability.
- Use test driven strategies to ensure code quality, and collaborate with test engineering to ensure feature quality.
- Leverage agile methodologies to anticipate and mitigate risks, ensure team health and manage complex tasks.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to others, in sharing knowledge and encouraging professional growth.
You are self motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
- Drive technical decision making, with engineering managers and architects, that affect complex systems and mission-critical areas.
- Consistently deliver code and performs code reviews that sets the standard for quality and maintainability.
- Have a deep understanding of how the system is used by dependent services and applications in terms of customer interactions, common workflows, pain points, and metrics.
- Have a deep understanding of cloud services, especially infrastructure, platform tools and SRE, with an ability to identify challenges due to scale, geolocation, or usage patterns.
Your Education & Experience:
- Experience in multiple programming languages.
- Experience using object-oriented and SOA principles.
- Experience developing cloud-based web applications or services (AWS a plus).
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL.
- Experience with TDD and BDD practices.
- Experience with a full stack built in a MVC framework
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent experience.
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.