Sr. Data Science Engineer (AWS, SQL/Snowflake, Python) - Open to Remote
- Power smarter treatments and healthier people with innovative data analytic applications.
- Develop advanced cloud (AWS) based data systems to extract, assess, integrate, transform, clean, analyze and visualize datasets for complex analytics and statistical modeling.
- Create automated data flows for research and production settings with data science engineering best practices, transparency, and scalability.
- Solve complex business questions where situations or data require in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Assess analytical data sources, conduct hands-on exploration to determine their value, and make them available enterprise-wide.
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, software engineers, business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to implement data science engineering solutions based on business priorities and technology initiatives.
- Advanced skills in modern data architecture, data science engineering, data warehouse, data modeling, data quality and manipulation of structured and unstructured data sources using state-of-art cloud computing technologies (AWS).
- Hands-on experience in the latest breed of software, SQL, automation and CICD technologies including Python, Snowflake / Redshift and Git in a cloud setting. Experience with R is preferred.
- Familiarity with Big Data processing using Spark and building Data APIs. Experience with automated data quality frameworks is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of data science engineering technology personnel and senior leadership.
- Clear, concise communication abilities – writing, verbal, presentation – to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to creating rigorous, high-quality insights from data, at scale.
Your Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a technical or engineering field, such as Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science or Software Engineering. Masters degree is a plus.
- 3+ years professional experience as a cloud data engineer, data scientist or related role.
- Experience with clinical trial data is not required, but interest to learn and understand how these data drive medical research is paramount.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.