Regional Account Manager
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Regional Account Manager is responsible for achieving revenue objectives in Japan and APAC. This includes identifying sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within Japan, per targets based on position referenced above
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans as it relates to specific opportunities within assigned territory
- Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company stems as directed.
- Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Strong application software sales experience
- Working knowledge of life sciences industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
- Command of Native Japanese (read/write/speak) is required. Fluent English skill is preferable, but not mandatory.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred
- Typically requires 5 – 8 years of direct client facing service and sales engagements
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.