Senior Executive Assistant
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Sr Executive Assistant (EA) will, on a day-to-day basis, provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and President of Medidata and work on special projects as assigned. The EA is the representative of the CEO and the President, and acts as a liaison with Company employees and board members as well as the public.
- Handle requests for information
- Prepare correspondence
- Receive visitors and take phone calls
- Arrange conference calls and meetings (on- and off-site)
- Organize and maintain calendars, including interaction with external and internal resources, from assistants to executives
- Coordinate travel and prepare subsequent expense reports
- Conduct research as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Highly effective interpersonal skills at all levels within the Company and with external customers, board members and the public
- Superior project management skills, including driving high-quality and on-time deliverables
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with sometimes little or no supervision
- Strong decision-making ability and analytical thinking
- Flexible, positive approach in a fast-paced environment
Your Education & Experience:
- 10+ years as an Executive Assistant to C-level executives
- Bachelors degree preferred
- High degree of professionalism absolutely required, including:
- Discretion and the ability to maintain strict confidence
- Sound judgment, Integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.