Technical Support Engineer
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Technical Support Engineer is a technical expert who acts as the primary interface between first/second line support and core engineering teams. He/she is responsible for handling work requests (which can be internally or externally generated) that have been routed for diagnosis and implementation while regularly updating internal and/or external customers. The Technical Support Engineer will handle work requests directly, or solicit assistance from the core engineering teams within the R&D team for non-known issues/defect reporting. The Technical Support Engineer would also identify applications defects, then test and document them for the core engineering teams to fix as part of the product.
- Provide support for internal and external customers
- Manage work requests that describe particular issues, software bugs or customer problems and properly taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Develop appropriate fixes or SQL scripts to resolve customer problems, or identify existing scripts or patches that must be applied
- Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and interim-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients
- Distinguish between application database, operating system, network, and hardware problems and properly taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Debug applications, and log any newly identified defects
- Properly document detailed investigational results to triage issues to other departments for further investigation and/or resolution
- Provide general process analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for critical issues escalation
- Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Provide accurate and complete problem resolution documentation for future reference and management reporting
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledgebase data
- Continually increase subject matter knowledge on Medidata products
- Interact with other Medidata teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
- Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple teams and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
- Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- A seasoned analyst with a proven record of satisfying clients.
- Is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the first/second line support.
- Customer focus and a proven proactive approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences, or equivalent engineering experience
- SQL Server-specific training/work experience
- Intermediate experience with SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Intermediate experience with C#, Visual Studios and ASP.NET
- Experience with application debugging
- 1 – 3 years of experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical / Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
- Basic experience with Ruby, Java and HTML code
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting for patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.