Partner Account Manager
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Global CROs Partner Development Manager develops and manages partnerships with Global CRO accounts (Partners) that will assist and support the sales and delivery of Medidata products and services, and leverage Medidata’s position in the marketplace.
He/ She will effectively be the regional key contact person to interface with Global CROs in regard to their currently contracted or future business with Medidata. The Partner Development Manager needs to be highly organized, used to working with multiple internal and external customers, familiar with standard sales processes, and well versed in internal and external operations that drive revenue recognition. Chiefly among these are contracts, change orders and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) management.
- Support Global CROs and Medidata accounts go-to-market activities to meet individual/team commercial targets on a Quarterly and Annual basis
- Execute Global CROs and Medidata co-business plan and strategy to achieve joint business objectives
- Lead Global CROs initiatives including but not limited to accelerated sales proposals, partner enablement, technical initiatives, and governance model.
- Coordinate with other Partner team members and Medidata functions to grow partnership into a corporate asset
- Localize and develop assets for Partners with the related departments, e.g. Partner Portal, Slides, and Collaterals.
- Engage with Partners to acquire signature on contracts ensuring accuracy on specs of contract, providing product and pricing knowledge as necessary, functioning as adjunct sales resource
- Develop and manage existing Medidata Partner relationships in conjunction with multiple internal departments e.g. field sales, finance, sales ops and legal
- Working within any applicable Governance structure in place with Partner accounts, attending and participating in meetings
- Manage the sales pipeline with our Partners and update Medidata CRM system
- Achieve relevant sales targets
- Work with Regional Account Managers (RAMs) to coordinate opportunity efforts
- Assisting with Medidata Partner Program development, implementation and management, including go-to-market strategy
- Liaise with internal proposal teams to facilitate detailed pricing and contracting of Medidata’s software and services, including Sales Orders and Change Orders
- Act as the lead on chasing revenue and late payments included on Sales Orders and Change Orders, working with external customers to fully understand their processes
- Provide updates and communicate to Partners on a regular basis - updates of Medi quote, pricing, contractual templates etc
- Lead ad hoc projects as required
- Some travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and experience in sales, sales operations, business strategy, partner / channel business
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a management-level
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and demonstrates an ability to assume responsibility and be accountable in a professional manner
- Command of native Korean (read/write/speak) and business level English
- Team Worker
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred, Master’s Degree or higher a plus
- Any other complementary courses in Life Science will be an advantage.
- 7+ years of successful hands-on experience working with partners, vendors or within a channels, sales or alliance program
- At least 5+ years’ experience of the biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D environment preferred
Medidata Solutions Korea Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.