Inside Sales Account Executive
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing with cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the advent of mobile devices, we are at the forefront of incorporating our software into these devices to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 450 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 9,500 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Inside Sales team is responsible for achieving booking, revenue, & profit objectives within their assigned account territories including identifying sales opportunities through daily prospecting, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging Medidata resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Inside Sales Account Executives create and build consultative, long-term relationships with their customers in order to create tailored, cost effective solutions. Personal involvement in customer relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction are essential in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
- Daily outbound calling through established campaigns to prospective customers / prospects
- Consistent attainment of booking, revenue, and profit quotas within assigned territory
- Attainment of daily, weekly, quarterly productivity metrics
- Establish and expand relationships with “C-Level” decision makers within customer / prospect organizations. Maintain well-coordinated internal relationships with key decision makers
- Educate prospects on Metadata’s value proposition and solution portfolio
- Develop external relationships with Medidata partners / CRO’s
- Development and execution of sales plan as it relates to developing a new book of business
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Partner with Business Development Specialists to close mid-market lead opportunities
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including NetSuite
- Build customer loyalty, provide an excellent experience, achieve retention rates
- Weekly / monthly / quarterly Pipeline forecasting
- Complete administrative work as required
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
- Application software sales experience a plus
- Minimum 3-5+ years of previous tech / software sales experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant sales experience
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.