APeJ Finance Analyst
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Finance Analyst/Specialist, APeJ will be responsible for helping establish process and procedures in a rapidly growing life sciences market. The individual will work directly with the General Manager, Field team and headquarters Finance team to build and implement processes focused on optimization. This includes driving operationalization of a local subsidiary, driving cash collections/ reducing Days Sales Outstanding and working Collaboratively with Sales and corporate Finance. This is an opportunity to expand your career as the Company continues to grow.
- Maintain client relationships, taking ownership of problem resolution in this process, accurately handling processing/transaction requirements, applying effective research techniques, and promoting client satisfaction and sales productivity.
- Drive collection, management and resolution of outstanding invoices from past due accounts
- Accountable for resolution of billing disputes, short payments, adjustments, credits, and customer reconciliations.
- Manage day to day local issues and identify ownership for resolution with internal and external business partners
- Work with regional and controllership to ensure communication and reporting accuracy and regional issues.
- Coordinate change management if needed
- Command of native Chinese (read/write/speak) with business level English required
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, flexible team-player, ability to resolve conflict/disputes
- Ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches.
- Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to prioritize and multitask
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience preferably with a Bachelor’s degree; or 2 years with a Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience at a global SaaS company preferred or multinational enterprise company
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.