Solution Consultant II
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata Solution Consultant (Pre-sales) assists Partner Sales Representatives in the presentation, demonstration and sale of Medidata applications and services. The Solution Consultant is the application and technical lead for assigned sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. The Solution Consultant is also the lead technical presenter in customer-facing events.
Works closely with key stakeholders within the partner account to establish and deliver on a joint account strategy. This role is intended to focus on long-term success by mapping out mutual wins and directing operational teams towards optimal delivery, as well as evangelizing new aspects of how our products can further benefit the partner.
- Understand the customer’s operational processes and objectives. Identify their challenges and pain points. Be the trusted advisor to the customer on our solution offerings and how they bring value and improvements to their processes.
- Close partnership with Sales to co-own and manage pre-sales activities. Formulate strategy for new accounts penetration as well as maintaining existing customers. Build strong customer relationships ensuring customer success.
- Prepare and perform product demonstrations. Lead technical discussions on our applications and solutions.
- Collaborate with Marketing on seminars, trade shows, and marketing events and activities. Be the subject matter experts and present in these events.
- Assist with the completion of technical proposals for the customer. Assist Sales and Marketing to review technical documents. Ensure smooth handover and collaborate with Professional Services team after-sales.
- Be knowledgeable and up to date on our products and solutions. Familiar with current industry clinical trial trends, markets and development. Provide timely product and market updates to internal staff and customers.
Your Education, Competencies, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in clinical development or equivalent experience in IT enterprise systems preferred.
- Strong customer-facing skills and proven track record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner.
- Command of native level Chinese (read, write and speak) and business level English required.
Preference if you have one of these skills (but not mandatory):
- Experience in SaaS or Cloud-based enterprise software pre-sales.
- Exposure to clinical data or scientific data (such as omics) systems management or applications.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.