Global Account Manager
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Achieving sales and account growth objectives in named accounts including identifying and qualifying platform growth opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction - consistent with Medidata business principals.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned accounts
- Development and execution of strategic global account plans
- Representing Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Effective collaboration within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including SalesForce.com
- Quarterly and/or annual sales targets are covered under a separate document
- Proven track record in driving large/mid size account growth and exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrable success in strategic account development at an enterprise level
- Proven ability to develop C-level customer relationships
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive in achieving new product/services sales growth
- Strong life sciences and/or application software sales experience
- A passion for the life sciences industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – with the ability to connect at senior levels
- Strong understanding and experience/success with consultative selling principles
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 to 10-year track record of success in exceeding yearly sales targets
- Strong understanding/experience of solution consultative sales techniques
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.