Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata Executive Assistants (EAs) are skilled Admin Professionals who are responsible for performing administrative duties of advanced degrees of complexity for the assigned Executive. The EAs have customary responsibilities such as managing correspondence which is often of a confidential nature, preparing research, screening incoming phone calls and mail, communication on behalf of the Executive, and acting as the "gatekeeper;" as well as handling more complicated special projects such as coordination of complex meetings. In keeping with these duties, EAs are required to develop an acute understanding of the Executives’ work style and requirements, and to utilize this understanding to decide which scheduled events, meetings, and requests are most appropriate for allocation of the Executive's time. EAs are expected to accept the delegation of less consequential executive tasks, to perform those tasks with minimal disruption to the Executive, to actively listen and resolve problems, and to anticipate and meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. In summary, Medidata EAs are expected to conform to the highest standards of performance, dependability, and professionalism.
● Provide routine assistance to the Executives which includes, but is not limited to: Executive correspondence, electronic filing, creating and updating Contacts, and other logistical support needs of the Executives
● Create and maintain an inventory of critical path projects and high-priority business development activities
● Maintain calendar for the Executive using electronic calendaring system
● Regularly organize meetings, appointments, conferences, and calls with both internal and external business partners
● Coordinate complex meetings, assist in the design and preparation of presentations and other meeting materials
● Maintain contact with Executives via company-issued mobile device
● Arrange travel, prepare itineraries including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, out of town dining, and car rentals
● Prepare Executive expense reports and process Executive charge card reconciliation
● Create and maintain spreadsheet files.
Desired Skills and Experience
● Superior verbal and written communication skills
● Exercises discretion and sound judgment; maintains confidentiality
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Office Apps) and Microsoft Office Suite
● Dependable, punctual, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
● Ability to work independently and proactively; demonstrates initiative
● Ability to make professional decisions based in accumulated knowledge of position responsibilities
● Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
● Ability to multi-task effectively
● Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment when required; high degree of tact
● Commitment to excellence
Your Education & Experience:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, Assistant to a C-level Executive, or Office Manager.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization.
•The minimum education level required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc.)
•The fields of study you would accept (Computer Science, I.T., etc.)
•The minimum years of experience you require overall
•The minimum years of experience you require in specific tasks, technologies, types of experience etc.
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.