Director, Global Digital Marketing
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.medidata.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Global Digital Marketing Director will lead our digital transformation; overseeing the planning, development and execution of inbound and outbound digital marketing efforts via Web properties, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), digital media, mobile and other emerging online channels.
• Drive and coordinate integration of digital strategy across all channels and regions
• Act as the catalyst for digital transformation, promoting cross-functional focus on customer experience
• Manage our corporate Web properties to drive a strong brand presence and qualified leads, coordinating closely with Product Marketing, Communications, Marketing Operations and other internal stakeholders
• Drive conversion optimization of all digital executions, including implementing appropriate tools, optimizing content on regular basis and improving the usability and experience of mdsol.com
• Collaborate closely with Marketing leadership to evolve and optimize our digital marketing goals, strategies, and tactics
• Manage and direct our digital marketing activities, including SEO, SEM, and digital advertising.
• Develop and maintain a digital marketing dashboard to report key metrics of digital performance through conversion to Leads and Sales Opportunities.
• Establish program measurement methodology and analyze results in terms of ROI and success criteria (attraction, engagement, qualification, acceleration)
• Test the performance of landing pages, special promotions, content and product placement
• Coordinate with corporate marketing, field marketing and communications to align online activity with broader campaign initiatives
• Provide leadership, direction and mentoring for the day-to-day activities of marketing staffManage the hiring, developing and retaining of marketing talent
• Must have diverse experience in digital communications and digital marketing
• Have a track record of successfully managing external agencies and vendors
• Deep operational experience of digital marketing programs and campaigns.
• Working knowledge of search engine marketing
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills; proficiency with Google Analytics and AdWords a plus
• Solid grasp of online marketing optimization best practices
• Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to work in both a team environment and independently, and with limited direction when necessary
• Good communication skills – must be able to express analytical findings to key stakeholders
• Inquisitive mindset, someone who sees a data point and wants to understand everything that influences it
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing or related field; or equivalent years of experience
• Requires a minimum of 8+ years’ B-to-B digital marketing experience preferably in the High Tech, Software, or Life Sciences industries
*Previous experience in managing teams
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.