Billing Operations Analyst
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Billing Support is responsible for entering and executing the Company’s monthly invoicing process in addition to providing on-going support to ensure billing details are accurately captured within the Company’s systems. This team member will also provide reporting information to external and internal customers as well as assist in the resolution of billing-related inquiries. This position requires impeccable attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
This role will:
- Review contracts to ensure billing accuracy within the accounting system
- Review/validate legacy data to ensure accuracy
- Research and resolve discrepancies
- Perform manual adjustments to correct billing errors in system
- Manually create/adjust/update billing and revenue forecasts
- Provide billing-related reporting to internal and external customers
- Perform research to resolve both internal and external customer questions regarding invoicing and other contract-related questions
- Maintain a high level of focus on customer service and ensure responsiveness to inquiries
- Assist with monthly and quarterly accounting procedures
- Provide timely and accurate responses to queries received by internal and external customers via email and Zendesk ticketing system
- Manage Zendesk queue for finance and delegate tickets as needed.
- Outstanding customer service and service orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in Salesforce and/or Workday
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, required
- Previous billing experience helpful
Your Education & Experience:
- Min 2 years related experience
- Experience using a time and expenses application a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.