Lead Product Manager
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Product Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product management experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
The Medidata Data, Reporting, and Analytics team is looking for a Lead Product Manager who will be focused on creating, managing, and ensuring execution of the long term roadmap by utilizing insights from sales, marketing, clients, prospects, partners, and a deep understanding of market and competitive dynamics for Medidata’s next generation of Reporting and Analytics tools.
- Own the product vision and maintain the product roadmap
- Lead all planning and execution of features and epics for your product(s)
- Define minimum viable products and establish criteria for success
- Understand market trends, competitor forces, and regional and global industry regulations
- Perform analysis on technical, operational, and market considerations for new product development and differentiation
- Work with the Value and Pricing teams on strategies and evaluate product positioning to ultimately recommend whether to invest, sustain, or retire products
- Communicate with external clients and partners
- Be the voice of the product to senior management
- Support the sales team with sales cycle documentation and presentations
- Present roadmap presentations to clients and partners
- Identify opportunities and execute cross-team product and strategy collaborations
- Perform cost-benefit analyses and recommend plans-of-action to senior management
- Create data-driven revenue goals and propose budget requests to meet said goals
- Contribute to thought-leadership knowledge sharing through internal blogs
- Participate in key client meetings
- Intelligently pull in other stakeholders to help manage customer relationship as needed
- Ability to be the sole Product representative at tough customer meetings and anticipated the customer was going to be frustrated with the pain points they have experienced.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Executing qualitative and quantitate market research technics
- Experience translating business needs to a technical team
- Experience translating technical needs to a business team
- Must have passion for turning data into valuable information and knowledge
- Technical/software development experience a plus
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- Skilled at creating business cases that meet product and strategic company objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mix of creativity, product instincts, technical acumen, with a good mind for monetization, and an intense focus on customer empathy
- Travel and location requirements:
- Minimal travel
- Location in NY or Remote
Your Education & Experience:
- University degree, preferably in business, information systems, marketing, computer science, or other relevant areas
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Strong life sciences experience
- Prior experience owning Data, Reporting, or Analytics products
- 8+ years in technical or business roles within the clinical sector with BS, 7+ years with MS
- Relevant experience with SaaS products and/or Life Sciences
- Strong go-to-market experience
- Demonstrable experience of face-to-face working with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Have brought products through the entire Software Development Lifecycle in enterprise environments
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.