Director of Data Science & Engineering (Open to Remote Workers)
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
The Director Data Science & Engineering will lead the design, development and testing of data pipelines, repositories and analytic solutions for Acorn AI. This leader's primary goal is to drive innovation and champion data engineering practices that lead to accelerated delivery of customer focused, high quality software.
- Lead and provide strategic technical guidance for high-performing data engineering teams.
- Grow the Acorn AI data engineering function through recruiting, coaching, and employee development.
- Architect, build and maintain analytical pipelines for research and production with data engineering best practices, quality, transparency and scalability.
- Develop advanced data systems for complex analytics and statistical modeling.
- Assess complex data processes in SAS, SQL, R, Python, AWS and other technologies to optimize for accuracy, maintainability and performance.
- Collaborate with all levels of data science, product, delivery, app engineering and senior leadership to integrate data engineering solutions with business priorities.
- Evaluate data sources for analytic potential such as operational stores, external public and vendor databases, streaming device data and RWD.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree in quantitative science or engineering preferred.
- 10+ years leading data engineering teams, preferably for a SaaS software company.
- Advanced understanding of extraction and transformation, statistical procs, modular system design, variable derivation and modeling dataset construction leveraging structured and unstructured data.
- Significant experience supporting complex predictive model builds and delivery mechanisms for analytic business solutions such as web app and visualization technologies.
- Excellent aptitude in data analysis, organization, and problem-solving with clear, concise communication abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to creating rigorous, high-quality insights from data at scale.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.