Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is looking for an attorney to join our Legal team in the role of Corporate Counsel. We are looking for a practical and collaborative lawyer; the Corporate Counsel will manage, draft, and negotiate complex commercial agreements with Medidata's customers, strategic partners, and vendors. The Corporate Counsel will also support Medidata's Sales, strategy, finance, and procurements teams and provide legal guidance to Medidata's brands and departments around the world.
The Corporate Counsel position is located at Medidata's corporate headquarters in Tribeca and will report to the Vice President & Associate General Counsel.
- Draft and review a variety of agreements following Medidata's policies and risk tolerance. Agreements include SaaS agreements, partnership agreements, alliance agreements, licenses, service level agreements and vendor agreements.
- Lead negotiations with Medidata customers, partners, and vendors.
- Respond promptly to requests for legal advice from Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance and other internal clients, and counsel internal clients on legal risk, risk mitigation, and appropriate courses of action.
- Review new product offerings and offer practical advice on how best to incorporate these products in to Medidata's existing legal and contractual framework.
- Improve standard form agreements, policies, and legal processes.
- Ability to independently draft and negotiate SaaS or other technology agreements.
- Experience supporting sales teams.
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical, life sciences or health care industries.
- A keen business sense and the ability to effectively balance legal risk against business interests.
Your Education and Experience:
- Requires at least five (5) years of relevant legal experience
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the New York State Bar or registered as in-house counsel according to Part 522 of the Rules of the New York State Court of Appeals.
We offer comprehensive and excellent healthcare benefits for you and your dependents. We offer unlimited PTO and generous family leave.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.