Operational Advisor - Payments
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Professional Services Operational Advisor is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role focusing on advising and mentoring our Partners during and after implementation of Medidata Clinical Cloud Products on our Unified Platform. Using your operational experience in Clinical Operations and/or Clinical Data Management you will be a key member of the Medidata Professional Services team driving the successful implementation and adoption of one or more Medidata Clinical Cloud Products within our Partners. Key activities performed by the Professional Services Operational Advisor for the Professional Services Partners team will include:
- Provide strategic input, guidance, advice, knowledge and best practices to support Partners in driving implementation and adoption of Medidata Clinical Cloud Products
- Advise and mentor Partners during implementation which may include workshop delivery
- Establish “Trusted Advisor” Partner relationship through effective consultation
- Provide operational expertise during and after Partner Accreditation and Enablement activities
- Lead and deliver new release overviews, knowledge transfer and risk assessments in providing operational input and support to the implementation of new releases
- Develop and maintain relationships with Partner SMEs
- Attend Partner Key Operational Meetings in support of Medidata Clinical Cloud Products
- Work closely with the relevant Sales team members to support further adoption of product across the partners
- Where appropriate develop operational Partner specific materials to support the partners use of Medidata Clinical Cloud Products
The Professional Services Operational Advisor is responsible for maintaining a high-level of expertise for their assigned Medidata Clinical Cloud Products. They are expected to invest approximately 15% of their time in the following key internal Medidata activities:
- Maintain individual Product and Industry expertise by attending regular Product Training and external industry training, e.g. conferences.
- Represent Professional Services Partner’s team in Product Adoption and Optimization (PAO) workstreams and initiatives; sharing knowledge back to the full Partner Professional Services team
- Along with other Operational Advisors, lead the maintenance and development of the Partner Accreditation program for the relevant Medidata Clinical Cloud Products ensuring it is kept up to date and relevant with new release information
- Support training of wider Partner Professional Services team to enhance Product and Industry knowledge across team
- Collate and maintain list of Partner defect and enhancements that require addressing by Medidata Product teams
- Provide operational insight to Partner’s defect and enhancement requests
- Provide operational input to Medidata’s implementation process, best practices and collateral roadmaps ensuring that Professional Services Partners team are represented
- Attend Partner specific Product Forums related to Medidata Clinical Cloud Products
- Ensure SOPs and other process documents are up to date with any specific activities related to CRO Partners
- Work with Medidata Academy on the development of training plans and collateral for Partners.
The Professional Services Operational Advisor will collaborate with the following teams:
- Technology team
- Mediata Academy
- Professional Services team supporting the individual Partners
- Other Professional Services Teams
- Operational Excellence
- Customer Success
- The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to challenge processes that are inefficient or counterproductive and establish/deploy new processes to improve efficiency, strong change management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of Clinical trial software technology
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (public speaking and teaching), presentation and writing skills
- Proven ability to successfully work independently on new projects and initiatives while also being able to collaborate with others when needed to achieve goals
- Ability to overcome obstacles, troubleshoot and reach resolutions
- Willingness for up to 30% national/international travel time
- In addition, the candidate will:
- Be self-motivated
- Demonstrate they can work independently
- Seen to take initiative and demonstrate responsibility and accountability
- Collaborate well with other functions/departments
Your Education & Experience:
- 8+ years experience from Clinical Operations and/or Clinical Data Management roles in Sponsor, CRO or other equivalent organizations
- Degree required or equivalent experience
- Medidata employees: At a minimum Senior Implementation Consultant or Senior Project Manager level (or above)
- Leading change & strategic thinking
- Creating/leading strategic initiatives
- Leading teams - both internal and customer - during the implementation of a 'change management (or other)' initiatives
- Consulting/advising customers
- Senior/Exec level engagement with customers - and internal stakeholders
- Involvement in the selling process - and making presentations to customers
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.