Facilities Manager (Workplace Solutions Manager)
The Workplace Solutions Manager is responsible for helping to ensure that the office and infrastructure is run at optimal efficiency. He/She will support the maintenance and mechanics of the facilities. The Workplace Solutions Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of Medidata’s Boston.
- Prioritize and ensure the consistent professional appearance and functionality of the office.
- Perform regular inspections, identify issues and address with quick turnaround.
- Conduct and/or coordinate repairs and maintenance such as patching/painting, light plumbing, changing light bulbs and track to completion.
- Ensure space has the necessary supplies, appropriate furniture is in place and whiteboards are cleaned.
- Work closely with the Global Security team on all incident management related tasks and planning.
- Respond to all ticket requests in a timely fashion (temp. requests, moves, new hires, set ups)
- Assist with conference room setups to support internal events.
- Participate in space-management and planning, including updating office seating plans.
- Plan and support building moves, adds, and changes.
- Coordinate vendor support services and ensure services are scheduled and performed as per contract.
- Manage day matrons and housekeeping staff.
- Liaise with building engineer for support services and coordination of work.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to office and facility-related emergencies, at times during off-hours.
- Collaborate effectively with the Corporate IT department as required.
- Proactively develop and manage internal relationships, ensuring that expected service levels are achieved.
- Oversee all preventative maintenance programs.
- Update and maintain Operations and Procedures manual.
- Responsible for oversight of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, critical systems, HVAC, and others defined within the space.
- Oversee vendor preventative maintenance of HVAC and BMS controls.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with internal and external personnel.
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Flexible to work overtime to support the business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to use initiative and creatively resolve problems.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Google platform.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively; excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience in Facilities, Construction, Engineering or a related industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong working knowledge of commercial MEP systems, specifically HVAC and BMS controls, plumbing, fire and life safety systems and electrical distribution networks.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.