Senior Product Designer
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Product Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product management experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
Medidata is looking for a Senior Product Designer to create first-in-class user experiences for clinical and commercial-grade applications for Life Science & Biotech industries. The Senior Product Designer will report to the Senior Director, PProduct Design and will interact with designers, engineering, operations and product management to research best practices, design detailed workflows and experiences, deliver visual mockups and prototypes, and assist in user validation. This position requires a designer that has experience designing user interactions consistent with brand and visual guidelines, and within a shared design system.
The ideal candidate must have experience designing and implementing pixel-perfect components for design systems and fully rendered design mockups. The candidate is responsible for creating and maintaining user-interface elements, components and layouts, creating clickable prototypes and producing assets to be used in production, for design presentations and marketing communications.
The candidate must follow the latest research and best practices, contribute to the organization and health of our design asset library, and be a respectful team member who thrives in a collaborative environment, and has a strong reputation of accountability.
- Adopt a user-centered approach to design
- Stay current on best practices, trends and patterns for consumer and enterprise applications
- Assist in validating product ideas on actual users and customers by participating in discovery workshops and creating design prototypes
- Translate research and testing findings into actionable requirements
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment
- Work closely with product management, designers, engineers, and data scientists to deliver first-class user interfaces
- Fundamental understanding of UX research methods
- Ability to lead a group of designers
- Ability to create persona, user journey map, service blueprints, etc. based on user research
- Knowledge and experience in responsive design
- Ability to interpret business and functional requirements from a user-centered as opposed to feature-centered perspective
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with advanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload
- Online or PDF portfolio
- Experience in creating high-fidelity mockups
- Experience in contributing to and maintaining design systems
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with enterprise software
- Knowledge of the pharma and life sciences industry
Your Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a high-tech UX team in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human Factors, User Experience Design, HCI, Information Science, or related discipline
- Experience in designing Information Architecture (IA)
- Proficiency with standard wireframing and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc.)
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.#LI-SB1