Senior Product Manager, Data Science
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
You will play a key product management role on the Intelligent Trials team of Acorn AI, a Medidata company powered by data from over 17,000 clinical trials and provide actionable insights to the front lines of life sciences decision-making, from R&D to commercialization.
You will help drive vision and strategy, and manage the development of new analytics-driven and cloud based software products. You will work with a dynamic team of predictive modelers, computer scientists, UX designers, data wranglers, and business experts.
- Manage agile product development involving large amounts of data, statistical modeling / machine learning and product design
- Lead targeted client consulting engagements leveraging our data and products, build case studies and drive adoption
- Perform analyses to drive strategic decision making
- Collaborate with other teams to guide the marketing, sales and pricing of new products
- Develop internal and external communication materials, translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience managing the development of a data / analytics driven software product with a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business discipline (business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or a related field); or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multidisciplinary teams leveraging large amounts of data, developing analytics and delivering insights to improve business decisions
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to develop a product vision and strategy
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) including ability to translate between business and technical domains and interface with customers
- Strong business analysis skills
- Familiarity with agile development and concepts such as databases, programming, statistical modeling, machine learning, data visualization
- Strong abilities with MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
Nice to have(s) but not required…
- Experience with analytics for clinical operations within the life sciences industry
- MBA preferred, with a concentration in data-driven decision making, statistics, consulting or health care
- Working experience with SQL, exposure to R or SAS
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.