Applications Engineer - Java or C# to Scala
Medidata (www.medidata.com) is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence, our Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes throughout the life-cycle of a clinical trial.
To understand more on our mission and what inspires us, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ystdF6jN7hc
Our London Engineering Team
You will be part of a c.120 strong SaaS Technology production environment. In London we own the engineering for an enterprise scale software platform that supports thousands of clinical trials every day. It's rare that this scale of cloud software engineering production exists outside the US.
Just over a year ago we moved into purpose built offices high above the skyline of Hammersmith, just 60 seconds walk from the tube. You will enjoy modern workspaces and a culture that is mission driven, collaborative and fun!
As an Applications Engineer:
- Be a hands-on contributor involved directly in the development of back-end Software Applications in Scala. We will train you if you are demonstrating the appetite for functional programming.
- Participate in technical conversations sharing your knowledge with the team
- Believe in good engineering practices and uphold high coding standards
- Awareness of well known design patterns and how to use them
- Collaborate in troubleshooting production issues and provide possible workarounds and solutions in a timely manner
- Work positively and productively with other developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts
- Thrive in a team environment and has strong people communication skills
- Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems
- Experience in web development, delivering efficient, clean code
- Experience in either Scala or Java (preferably Java 8), or C#
- Good technical experience within an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of using Databases (mySQL, or other relational databases)
- Awareness and advocate of TDD and BDD
Your Preferred Competencies:
- Development in SaaS and cloud-based environments
- AWS exposure (EC2, ECS, SQS, S3, Kinesis, Lambda)
- Docker exposure
- Base salary - to be honest there's a range here, if we’re a good match for you and vice versa, we’ll try and make it work!
- 10% bonus
- Other benefits include a lucrative stock purchase plan, great pension, free private health and dental care for you + family, 25 days holiday + many other enterprise grade perks.
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform!!
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity,sexual orientation or disability