Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Category Director will work to help deliver expert procurement advice to clients with a consultative approach. The successful candidate will work closely with suppliers, other members of the procurement team, global business leaders to identify opportunities for and execute sourcing initiatives and perform category analysis in support of assigned categories
- Support client businesses on all aspects of Indirect Spend
- Proactive application of experience, enabling delivery of Procurement solutions to clients
- Deliver Procurement solutions to areas of spend, and/or client profiles, not previously dealt with
- Identify opportunities for supplier sourcing initiatives and category analysis.
- Initiate sourcing initiatives, category analysis, and category strategy development and execution as appropriate
- Manage supplier negotiations, both as an end-to-end process and as a discrete “last and final” negotiation
- Define process and suggest ways to improve Procurement processes
- Help build out the content and collateral supporting Procurement Processes
- Proven track record of simplifying and optimizing business processes and contract management through automation and standardization.
- Ability to drive metrics-based outcomes on Procurement cost savings
- Work as part of a wider client facing team, engaging with and influencing client stakeholders on a daily basis -either remotely or on client sites
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proven ability to gather and analyze business and financial data and formulate effective plans and targets
- Proven track record in both written and oral communications, including writing high-level program documents such as policies and procedural documents and effective employee communication plans
- Strong project management skills, able to define, organize, and manage work expectations
- Experience with indirect procurement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in supplier qualification and supplier relationship management processes
- Proven ability to communicate and influence others at all levels of the organization
- Proficient at managing multiple and shifting priorities, delivering timely and accurate work products, and responding with a sense of urgency as required
- Ability to take initiative, identify and define better processes, work with minimal direction, and prioritize time to delivery results in a timely manner
- Manage employees related to performance planning, mentoring, coaching, career development, and role development
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Supply Chain or related field; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 8-12 years of experience in strategic sourcing, including experience in software and infrastructure negotiations and other technology services.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.