Infrastructure Systems Support Engineer
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes.
Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Information Systems Engineer is responsible for all functions relating to the installation, configuration and operation of our SaaS and internal technology infrastructure. This includes maintenance of new virtual servers, monitoring server uptime, ensuring high server availability, and resolving client related problems. The Systems Engineer must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, either individually or as part of a team.
- Responsible for all functions relating to the maintaining, configuration and operation of our SaaS and internal technology infrastructure
- Maintaining virtual servers
- Install, configure and support Medidata applications and components
- Monitor servers for performance within set thresholds
- Troubleshoot and repair server related problems
- Respond to server configuration and/or performance irregularities in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and repair Multi-tiered application errors
- Test software before pushing to production
- Provide 24 x 7 production support on a rotating basis
- Critical Thinking: Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Problem Solving: Solves complex problems and reviews related info to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions; can think quickly and make sound decisions
- Technical Communication/ Collaboration: Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients) to build collaborative relationships
- Client Server Product (SaaS) Knowledge: Knowledge of MS Products; Cloud technology and virtualization technologies; Core IT Skill Sets; and how different networks integrate
Your Education & Experience:
- At least one of the following required, 2 or more preferred: relevant degree, industry certificate (e.g., Microsoft Certifications, CompTia)
- Basic level of relevant experience in this field
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.