Senior Information Systems Engineer
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Information Systems Engineer is responsible for all functions relating to the installation, configuration and operation of our SaaS and internal technology infrastructure. This includes maintenance of new virtual servers, monitoring server uptime, ensuring high server availability, and resolving client related problems. The Systems Engineer must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, either individually or as part of a team.
- Responsible for all functions relating to the maintaining, configuration and operation of our SaaS and internal technology infrastructure
- Maintaining virtual servers
- Install, configure and support Medidata applications and components
- Monitor servers and applications for performance within set thresholds
- Troubleshoot and repair server related problems
- Respond to server configuration and/or performance irregularities in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and repair Multi-tiered and/or loosely integrated SOA application errors
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership
- Prepare and publish documentation and process changes for the benefit of the team and teammates.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong aspiration to learn new technologies
- Proven strong relationship-building and communication skills with team members and business users
- Critical Thinking: Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Problem Solving: Solves complex problems and reviews related info to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions; can think quickly and make sound decisions
- Technical Communication/ Collaboration: Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients) to build collaborative relationships
- Client Server Product (SaaS) Knowledge: Knowledge of MS Products; Cloud technology and virtualization technologies; Core IT Skill Sets; and how different networks integrate
Your Education & Experience:
- At least one of the following required, 2 or more preferred:
- Relevant BS degree in CS, MIS or equivalent experience in related roles
- Industry certificate (e.g., Microsoft Certifications, CompTia)
- 5+ years relevant experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.