Pricing Strategy & Analytics Senior Manager
The Pricing Strategy and Analytics Senior Manager will play a key role in building a best-in-class pricing function that will help propel the business forward to $1B in revenue and beyond. This person will provide strategic and operational leadership in the development and implementation of pricing strategy for Medidata Solutions’ Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings. The Pricing Team is led by the Vice President of Pricing who reports into the COO. Main Duties:
- Provide leadership, direction, analytical rigor, and change management to achieve pricing excellence that drives accelerated growth and adoption of our product portfolio
- Assess, evaluate and consider pricing structures and price points across the entire product and services portfolio and for new packages and offerings
- Develop in depth knowledge of products and competitive factors, working cross functionally with sales, sales leadership, product management, marketing, sales operations, legal, finance and accounting
- Lead development and launch pricing for new products, including presentation to monthly Pricing Board
- Manage insightful and ongoing analytics
- Support and evaluate pricing on critical enterprise level deals
- Manage strategy around configuration and quoting systems
- Ensure pricing process and price book are documented and ensure change process follows appropriate reviews and protocols
- Great if you have experience in pricing structures, analytics and pricing practices for SAAS companies
- Important to have experience in business case development/pricing, market analyses, financial modeling and new product introduction
- Must have ability to synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop fact-based analyses and recommendations
- Must have strong willingness to collaborate across departments to make decisions, achieve goals and effect change
- Must have ability to create a story from disparate quantitative and qualitative sources, both internal and external
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in an analytical role, with a preference for consulting.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.