Director, Japan Marketing
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Director, Japan Marketing will manage, develop, and lead a team of high performing Japan Marketing team to ensure the marketing and effective delivery of the Medidata platform and services
that drive sales of Medidata's Clinical Cloud solutions for the Life Sciences industry. This individual will
provide coaching and guidance in product knowledge, marketing strategy, relationship building, and
preparation and delivery of marketing presentations. He/She will provide leadership for the Solution,
reports to the [General Manager] of Medidata Japan and work closely with Regional and Global
marketing groups. It will require exceptional strategic thinking, creativity, the ability to innovate, and a
“hands-on” approach to accomplish the work.
- Be a strong contributor to the Japan Leadership team and Regional Marketing Leadership team.
- Lead all Marketing team members in Japan composed of Corporate Communications and Demand Generation located in Japan.
- Create marketing plans by engaging Sales in annual and quarterly planning to determine programs, activities, and marketing assets to achieve business and revenue objectives.
- Provide strategic planning insight to Sales on the appropriate marketing activities for the progressive stages of the sales cycle: lead generation, opportunity creation and deal movement, and deal close.
- Serve as an embedded resource for the Sales team and attend Quarterly Business Reviews and Sales meetings as appropriate.
- Execute face-to-face programs such as conferences, workshops, executive/c-level roundtables, trade shows; 3rd-party sponsorships and webinars
- Execute broad demand generation activities via email campaigns, online paid media and co-marketing activities with channel partners.
- Collaborate with regional and global Product Marketing and Marketing Communications to localize marketing assets such as data sheets, customer reference stories, sales enablement tools, videos, ROI analysis, social media awareness and “air cover”, demand generation programs and external communications.
- Serve as the point-of-contact on cross-functional teams for various marketing campaigns and product initiatives.
- Engage partners for co-branded marketing activities and explore opportunities to market with, and through, them to the ultimate end user.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key thought leaders, vendors, and media channels.
- Measure and report performance against established metrics.
- Extensive experience in marketing role in Japan supporting a direct sales force in the enterprise software industry. Life Sciences experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in building and executing marketing plans and programs.
- Ability to devise new and innovative communication methods and assets to articulate Medidata’s messages and value propositions to customer accounts.
- Ability to be innovative with respect to program creation and problem resolution, and process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows.
- Knowledge of marketing processes and e-marketing systems; experience with lead scoring and nurturing methodologies is a plus.
- Experience interfacing with all levels in a Sales organization including sales reps, tech consultants, regional managers, and senior leadership.
- Comfortable interfacing with customers at marketing programs and serving as a “master of ceremonies” to kick-off and administer/manage live events.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills to bring together stakeholders from disparate functional groups to enable program creation, support, and execution.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; multi-lingual abilities a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience. MBA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or in the Tech / SaaS space.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.