HR Communications Lead
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The HR Communications Lead work closely with the Chief People Officer to lead a strong internal and executive communications program which ensures the People team employees across Medidata are kept informed and excited with our People strategy and initiatives. Communications will take place over several channels, such as our internal portal, emails, blogs, and conferences. This individual will work closely with the Sr. Director, Corporate Communications, senior executives, and other People team members.
- Proactively work with the Chief People Officer to develop and execute internal and executive communications with the People team transformation strategy and integration, keeping the team informed
- Create varied content and develop innovative delivery channels to increase the agility, impact and speed of communications to stakeholders e.g. annual benefits enrollment, goal setting, annual talent review, workspace office updates
- Organizational change announcements as we continue to evolve as an organization
- Support the Chief People Officer and HRLT build an organizational culture. Culture of engagement, sharing & promoting successes, best practices etc.
- Help create a mechanism for feedback, debate, discussion/ promote open communication within the HR function
- Partner with the Senior Director, Corporate Communications to ensure that all messages are aligned with corporate communications approaches and editorial calendars
- Ensure internal communications People team messages are consistent across all mediums.
- Elevate Medidata’s People team focus externally by increasing brand awareness through social media, thought leadership and speaking opportunities
- Ability to lead communications strategy while paying close attention to details and managing complex campaigns
- Great relationship-building skills and the ability to work within a team environment across different time zones
- Exceptional interviewing, copy-writing and editing skills
- Excellent presentation skills – personal delivery and ability to lead and coach people and teams
- Effective listening, problem-solving and counseling skills; ability to build alignment to shared vision
- Proven change management communication skills
- Solid project, time and budget management skills essential
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously and act independently
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires 5+ years of experience in communications and organizational change, supporting HR teams
- Exceptional writing, communication, storytelling, and project management skills
- Strong PowerPoint and visual design skills
- Experience in writing for a tech-focused audience
- Prior management of complex projects and advising senior managers is also required
- Knowledgeable in strategic communications planning methodology; leading edge practices, trends, etc.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively, and follow through on commitments
- Understanding the life sciences industry is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.