Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager's main task is the implementation and ongoing execution of the Customer Escalation Management (CEM) program along with tactical issues that may arise through the existing escalation framework. The Technical Account Manager plays a key role in ensuring that our customers know their issues are being addressed, promoting their ongoing happiness and satisfaction of Medidata products and services.
The Technical Account Manager will manage the resolution of customer’s critical issues by developing a success-driven plan and leading a cross-functional Medidata virtual team, spanning Customer Success, Professional Services, Product Development & Engineering, and Customer Support. You will also drive account escalation communications and visibility on each account escalation to internal & external stakeholders, including the account teams and senior level executive management.
- In a “Customer First” model, prioritize customer support initiatives by emphasizing customer satisfaction and retention
- Influence positive customer outcomes by coordinating and leading resolution pathways
- Take an ownership role on escalating critical customer issues and help drive through resolution
- Actively communicate and provide regular updates to internal & external stakeholders on resolution progress and outcomes; provide transparency on the situation and activities happening
- Set and manage expectations with the customers around goals of their concern and align on success criteria
- Demonstrate empathy with the customer and advocate on their behalf internally across Medidata
- Act as champion for the customer while pursuing issue resolution and de-escalation outcomes
- Discover the root cause and help the organization apply these findings to avoid having other customers experience a critical situation in the future
- Partner with Engineering personnel to prioritize and raise issues as necessary
- Proactive identification and escalation before customer issues become critical
- Formalize the Customer Escalation Management (CEM) program:
- Reporting of key metrics of CEM program to key stakeholders
- Define and incorporate best practices for roles & responsibilities, communication plans, templates and other process tools
- Lead from the front with customers, using your experience and expertise
- Coach others in the process of following CEM protocols
- Identify and gather themes and issues that exist across multiple customers to build new ways of resolving challenges and meeting customer needs
- Track record of Project Management experience of critical situations in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple clients with different issues
- Strong EQ and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels, including senior executives
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Creative thinking, versatility and adaptability
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Outstanding problem solving experience
- Familiarity and experience with Medidata platform a plus
- Willingness to travel periodically for onsite visits
Your Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of customer-facing service delivery, Technical Account Management, Customer Support Management, or similar roles desired
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in SaaS business models required
- Experience in software development processes, systems, analytics and/or support required
- Experience in life sciences industries a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.