Senior Business Analyst
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Medidata Product Management team is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to become an integral part of our team and join us in our mission to lead the digital transformation of clinical science and accelerate the business of research. Your experience in clinical trials data and technology is critical to this role. You will interface with clients, industry experts, product managers, engineers, architects, UX/UI designers and to ensure continuous attention to technical excellence, good design practices, and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the development of Medidata’s end to end solution to manage the clinical trial lifecycle, including predictive modeling, process optimization, and dataflow across Medidata’s suite of clinical technology products
- Become the subject matter expert for the products surrounding this offering by maintaining a close perspective on client needs and market trends, using frequent client engagement and other market research to inform your approach
- Facilitate self-governance and team cohesion using the core principles of Agile development to maintain real-time information sharing, ensuring requirements are understood, expectations are aligned, and any issues are rapidly mitigated or escalated as needed
- You will be responsible for creating the business and functional requirements necessary to support new feature development, with input from internal and external customers, and to continually improve domain knowledge, share relevant learnings, and promote product awareness across the organization
- Building strong relationships and communication channels across diverse internal teams, and confidently engaging clients for collaboration and feedback
- Maintaining focus on customer value through rigorous assessment of the teams understanding, expectations, and assumptions - consistently reinforcing the “why” of each product, feature, and release
- Distilling complex concepts and requirements into information that is relatable and repeatable across a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including executive management, product marketing, business development, partners and clients
- Conducting value stream mapping, impact analysis, and continuous process improvement within an agile product development framework
Your Education & Experience:
- Working as a Business Analyst or Product Manager for a Pharma, Biotech, CRO, or eClinical solutions provider. Experience with SaaS products and cloud architectures preferable.
- Knowledge of the clinical trial data lifecycle and experience working with external data providers such as labs, data integration/aggregation from disparate sources for reporting and analysis
- Familiarity with the growing adoption of patient-centric data capture modalities, from ePRO to mHealth wearables, actimetry, and real-world data
- Defining and documenting product features and functionality using Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience required
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.