Solution Sales Specialist, Acorn Ai
Sales Specialist – ACORN AI (Value Discovery Engine, Intelligent Trials, Integrated Evidence, Connected Devices) sales. The role will work closely with the ACORN AI Leadership Team and Sales leaders as well as Sales Account Managers. This is a sophisticated data and analytics solutions sales role focused on solving pressing issues for life science companies performing clinical trials. This position will report to the Vice President Sales.
This position requires a poised and seasoned self-starter who can execute with minimal direction as well as take initiative; a builder who can create strong working relationships, processes and outcomes; adept at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Use Competitive Intelligence to understand the strategic direction of clients and align/propose how Acorn solutions can help them achieve those goals.
· Professionally prepare for meetings, document outcomes, vision and proposals for use with executives
· Comfortable dealing with and presenting to C Suite level executives on business outcomes as well as data and analytics, machine learning and AI solutions and approaches
· Contract and negotiations of complex arrangements including co-sell and risk based agreements
· Broaden the awareness and understanding and opportunity creation for ACORN AI working closely with Account Managers
· Drive increased pipeline of opportunities and therefore successfully meet quarterly, half and annual sales objectives
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with data, analytics, machine learning, AI and platforms for cloud
· Knowledge of clinical trials, clinical research and the life sciences industry dynamics and issues
· Strong sense of customer focus, being able to meet needs of internal and external customers, understanding customer requirements and responding appropriately in line with business objectives
· A creative, analytical and intuitive marketer with strong attention to detail.
· Executive presentation skills
· Self-motivated and directed with ability to work autonomously on individual projects as well as in a team
· An effective communicator with experience leading teams and influencing stakeholders
· Willingness to travel
Your Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences or Life Sciences, or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
· Minimum of 10 years of related experience, with knowledge and experience in the life sciences industry - especially in the clinical development area, preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.