Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Revenue Accountant plays a critical role in the Commercial Finance function providing meaningful insight into accounting treatment for complex contracts. This position requires a person with impeccable attention to detail who is comfortable managing a variety of functions while providing a high level of value to our partners across the business.
- Perform review of complex multiple element contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition treatment in accordance with company policy
- Perform month-end duties surrounding the quote to cash cycle including but not limited to account reconciliations, monthly revenue recognition, roll-forward analyses on deferred revenue and accounts receivable, etc.
- Evaluate opportunities for process improvement in compliance with corporate policies and work with the respective functional areas to drive these enhancements.
- Prepare journal entries for sales commission plans; perform monthly / quarterly reconciliations for all commission-related accounts
- Assist in compliance and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Prepare, Review and/or support financial statement disclosures and reporting requirements
- Strong technical accounting skills and exposure to revenue recognition rules under U.S. GAAP
- Exposure to IFRS a plus
- Experience with accounting for sales commissions a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and ability to multi-task on a variety of complex projects
- Experience in researching accounting literature to resolve complex U.S. GAAP and /or IFRS technical issues, with the ability to communicate findings and conclusions to financial and non-financial personnel
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree required in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Experience at a global SaaS company preferred or enterprise software company with many multiple element arrangements preferred
- 3-5 years public accounting audit experience (or a mix of public and private experience) with a focus on revenue recognition
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.