Solution Sales Specialist - RTSM
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Solution Sales Specialist is the RTSM (randomization) product expert and together with our Account Managers, drives sales of our RTSM software. The SSS RTSM sets dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata Clinical Cloud. The SSS RTSM shapes and helps execute Medidata’s strategy of integrating RTSM into the Medidata Clinical Cloud to optimize efficiency for our customer. The SSS RTSM also collaborates with various other Medidata departments including R&D, Marketing, Market Development, and Inside Sales teams.
- Responsible for achieving quarterly sales target for the Medidata Interactive Response Technologies (RTSM) solution
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Product Strategy, Product Management to build pipeline
- Work in concert with Account Managers to execute on sales strategies by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s Interactive Response Technology (RTSM) solution directly to CROs
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the IRT(RTSM) Solutions (including, but not limited to – webinars, conference attendance/presentation, customer and industry events)
- Design talk track for email / cold call campaigns to be used by both Inside Sales and Market Development
- Work alongside Global Learning & Development to develop and deliver training offerings to scale the solution area with the direct sales force and partner teams
- Strong knowledge of the biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D process and the CRO landscape
- Specific knowledge of Randomization and Trial Supply Drug Management, with extensive IRT background
- Previous IRT experience within pharmaceutical industry with specifics within a CRO
- Software and/or services sales experience in the biopharma industry with a strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Experience supporting clinical trial operations
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a senior management and director level
- Perform qualification and discovery with new clients to drive pipeline growth by identifying scientific and business value for the client
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50%
- Experience with sales forecasting, pipeline management, quarterly goal attainment, territory plan development
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Four years of relevant experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.