Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Your responsibilities will include hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications with Ruby on Rails, Postgres/MySQL and Amazon Web Services among other tools.
• Design how features should be implemented, and help determine the best architecture to use in each situation
• Apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, and Github pull request reviews
• Work closely with Agile team members; collaborating with testers to ensure quality, and with product managers to turn great ideas into detailed requirements
You will demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
- • Strong object-oriented design and programming skills with an object-oriented language such as Ruby, Java or C# (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- • Experience building cloud-based web applications or services (Amazon Web Services a plus)
- • Experience writing and optimizing SQL
- • Understanding of source control management (Git/Github)
- • Strong communication and collaboration skills
- • Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- • A passion to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
- • TDD/BDD experience preferred
- • Clinical research knowledge or work in a regulated environment is a plus
Your Education & Experience:
• Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1
year and a Master’s degree
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.