[Sales Operation/Support] Senior Proposal and Contracts Developer
The Proposals and Contracts Developer supports Global/Regional Account Managers, Sales Management, and the Professional Services department in the pricing of our products and services, the development of formal proposals, the drafting of statements of work and the preparation of the financial aspects of RFI / RFP responses. The Proposals & Contracts Developer is an expert in the pricing methodology behind Medidata’s products and services, and interface with numerous departments within Medidata as well as with our customers to share that pricing expertise.
- Oversee the collection of assumptions and parameters required for detailed pricing of Medidata’s software and services.
- Develop proposals and contracts using the company’s pricing tool and/or pricing methodology as required.
- Conduct and/or participate in pricing meetings with customers.
- Facilitate required approvals by appropriate management for pricing adjustments and sales order delivery.
- Interface with Legal department staff to expedite legal review and approval of final sales order as required.
- Develop and maintain customer specific guidelines for unique customer pricing and/or sales order formats.
- Facilitate regular updates and maintenance to the pricing tool and contractual templates as required.
- Generate reports using CRM system and maintain system to reinforce Sales Intelligence.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and projects as required.
- Suggest customers in offering of various products.
- Solid analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese (native level) and English (business level).
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Visual Basic for Applications, macros and advanced security techniques
- Command of native Japanese with business level English is required.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required (preferably in the Life Sciences, Business, Finance or Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred.
- Contract management experience within CROs or other application software providers preferred.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.