Senior Manager, Market Segment Lead
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Responsible for overseeing custom solution development for Medidata clients using the appropriate technical resources within Technical Services (including third party partner) and wider Medidata organisation as needed for assigned business unit (e.g. Market Segment)
- Will provide direct relationship and partnership with stakeholders from internal business units within the Professional Services organization and senior management..
- Line manage the technical team that support delivery of custom solutions related to a particular business unit
- Manage the timelines for delivery, whilst following and enforcing the Medidata SDLC (SILC) to ensure all customisations are designed and developed
- Ensure completion and correctness of incoming business requirements for specification delivery to development team.
- Define and maintain team work schedule for all technical staff and all client projects associated with a particular business unit working with third party partner to ensure resources are assigned as needed.
- Responsible for working directly with assigned business units to manage current and forecasted demand and the portfolio of work including managing new requests and resolving escalations and issues as needed.
- Assign work to appropriate teams to deliver customisations to agreed timelines and quality
- Support the discussions on cost and timelines working closely with the wider Technical Services team including third party partner to provide input as needed
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams including Quality Control, IT Service Delivery, Customer Services and Product to get custom solutions developed and implemented
- Provide scheduled updates to the Director of Technical Services and other business areas as required
- Help define team and individual goals that are in line with Departmental/Divisional goals
- Experience working in a fast-paced high pressure environment with many active simultaneous projects
- Consulting attitude while working with demanding clients on tight budgets and schedules
- Experience working in a regulated, validated environment (CFR 21 Part 11, ICH GCP, GxP)
- Superior organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Flexible, team-player approach
- Strong project & resource management experience
- Experience with one or more project planning tools (for example MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Excellence with MS Office and / or Google Apps suites required
- Travel expectations up to 10% – 20%, national / international
Your Education & Experience:
- Consulting / professional services experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience in a production software development and testing environment
- 3+ years in a customer facing role overseeing customer deliverables
- 3+ years leading onshore and offshore software development and testing teams
- Life Sciences experience strongly preferred, with intimate knowledge of clinical systems (CTMS, EDC, CDM, randomization, coding, drug supply, etc.)
- College / university degree preferably in computer science, information systems or mathematics
- Typically 8+ years of industry/work experience with a bachelor’s degree,
- 2+ years managerial experience required
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.