Application Engineer (Intern)
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Medidata Summer Internship Programme is a 9-week long programme that allows for students to gain exposure to our unique business, and our industry-leading Clinical Technology. By being a part of our global organisation, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. Our interns get the opportunity to grow their network, and enhance their skill set; leveraging what they've learned in school, while also being challenged with meaningful projects that drive impactful changes to our business. From day one, our intern’s receive formal and informal training to help them excel in their new roles. Our inclusive and collaborative environment encourages them to bring their unique & diverse perspectives to the table.
- Apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review
- Provide diagnostic support and bug fixing for software applications
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
- Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive feature files
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience programming in Java, .NET, C#, SQL Server, etc.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize activities to achieve results.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.