Inside Account Executive
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
To achieve sales/revenue objectives in geographic or specifically-named account territories including identifying Professional Services sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. In addition, he/she is responsible for working with your Inside Sales Account Executives and/or Regional/Global Account Manager counterparts to deliver sales presentations related to Professional Services to both new sales prospects and existing clients where applicable.
- Place outbound calls to market to build relationships with contacts and garnish leads
- Hunt for new professional services business opportunities in existing customer accounts
- Educate prospects on Medidata and Medidata Professional Services offerings
- Work with the Inside Sales Account Executives and VP’s of Professional Services to help manage the overall relationship and expectations with a sponsoring client or CRO from a professional services perspective for all services and deliverables across all Medidata functions
- Present to all Inside Sales accounts new and existing where applicable all professional services offerings, methodologies and support structures to assist in bringing on new clients and expanding business in existing clients
- Advise of any potential customer issues and new business opportunities
- Actively team with sales organization and professional services org to ensure customer satisfaction
- Support Strategic Services Account Manager’s study by study/velocity opportunities within individual territories as needed
- Maintain records of correspondence in sales force automation tool
- Maintain referenceable clients
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, public speaking, presentation and teaching skills
- Excellence with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Travel expectations up to 10 – 25 %, national / international
- Valid driver’s license & passport required
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science, or equivalent relevant experience
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of field sales (Experience preferably in clinical or biomedical or software development environment)
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.